Barsele Minerals Corp. (TSXV:BME) reported an operational update for the ongoing exploration program within the Barsele Gold-VMS project area in Västerbottens Län, northern Sweden. The exploration program is being operated by joint venture partner Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (TSX:AEM).
As quoted in the press release:
Drilling was halted mid-December 2017, for the Christmas holidays. In January 2018, drilling resumed with two diamond drilling machines operational within the property. Twenty-three holes are reported in this news release of which one is expansion and two are infill, six are VMS related tests at Norra and fourteen are regional tests at Risberget. During 2017, 58,281 metres of core was collected from a total of 123 core holes. During January of 2018, two drills cored a total of 1,555.9 metres, with two drill holes completed and two ongoing at month end. Base of till testing is ongoing.
Highlights are as follows:
- CNT17032 cut two mineralized zones, with a highlight of 7.0 metres grading 2.63 g/t gold.
- SKI17015 cut seven mineralized zones, including a final intercept at 615 metres below surface.
- RIS17013 cut 5.0 metres grading 1.23 g/t gold, 209.0 g/t silver, 0.16% copper, 0.20% zinc.
- RIS17020 cut 61.0 metres grading 1.12 g/t gold including 16.0 metres grading 2.98 g/t gold.
- NOR17010 cut 18.65 metres grading trace gold, 2.94 g/t silver, 0.18% zinc.
Garry Cope, president, commented:
Recent drilling continues to yield positive results at Central, Skiråsen, Risberget and Norra. We look to a successful drilling campaign in 2018.
The post Barsele Minerals Provides Operational Update for its Barsele Gold-VMS Project appeared first on Investing News Network.