Hecla Mining (NYSE:HL) today announced preliminary silver and gold production resultsfor the third quarter of 2017.
Q32017 Highlights(Preliminary Results)
- Silver production of 3.3 million ounces and gold production of 63,046 ounces, the second highest level since 2003.
- Silver equivalent production of 11.1 million ounces, the highest equivalent production quarter this year.2
- Lead production of 5,368 tons; zinc production of 14,498 tons.
- Record gold production and monthly throughput (September) at Casa Berardi since its acquisition.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments of approximately $205 million at September 30, 2017, an increase of about $3 million over the second quarter of 2017.
Phillips S. Baker, Jr., Hecla’s President and CEO, said:
Operational performance was exceptional in the third quarter with record throughputs at Greens Creek and in September at Casa Berardi. San Sebastian continues to operate at the upper end of our expectations with the highest quarterly silver production of the year so far.