Vancouver, B.C., January 26, 2017 â Arizona Mining (TSX:AZ)Â (âArizona Miningâ or the âCompanyâ) announces the results of three (3) exploration drill holes from its current program on the Taylor zinc-lead-silver sulfide deposit located on its 100%-owned Hermosa Project in Santa Cruz County, Arizona. This brings the total number of drill holes reported in the 2016-2017 program to fifty-six (56).
HDS-399 is a near vertical hole (-87 degree) drilled to expand the northeast section of the previously reported resource area. HDS-399 intersected four (4) mineralized veins and three (3) distinct mineralized CRD horizons with a total cumulative mineralized thickness of 210 feet. Particularly interesting in this drill hole is the 124 foot thick mineralized interval which occurs in the lower carbonate sequence. This is the thickest and highest grade intercept to date from the lower carbonates and opens up additional drill targets for future exploration. Most notable among the mineralized zones are:
- 33 feet assaying 3.9% zinc, 6.7% lead and 2.6 ounces per ton (âoptâ) silver
- 124 feet assaying 7.4% zinc, 14.8% lead and 5.2 opt. silver
- Including a 45 foot zone which assayed 12.7% zinc, 31.7% lead and 10.4 opt silver
HDS-401 is a vertical infill drill hole located on the northern margin of the previously reported mineral resource. The drill hole encountered nine (9) distinct CRD mineralized horizons with a cumulative thickness of 416.5 feet. Additionally this drill hole intersected four (4) veins including two (2) significant veins in the volcanics. Notable CRD mineralized horizons include:
- 65 feet assaying 3.6% zinc, 2.3% lead and 1.6 opt. silver
- 30 feet assaying 5.3% zinc, 3.8% lead and 1.6 opt. silver
- 104 foot zone which assayed 2.6% zinc, 3.4% lead and 1.2 opt silver
- 50 feet assaying 5.8% zinc, 4.6% lead and 1.4 opt. silver
- 55.5 foot zone assaying 3.8% zinc, 4.3% lead and 1.4 opt silver
HDS-403 is a vertical infill drill hole on the southwest margin of the resource area that intersected three (3) distinct CRD horizons with a cumulative thickness of 406 feet. The best intervals in the drill hole were:
- 117 feet assaying 4.0% zinc, 3.1% lead and 1.1 opt silver
- Including a 28 foot zone which assayed 12.9% zinc, 9.1% lead and 3.1 opt silver
- 30.5 feet assaying 9.3% zinc, 7.7% lead and 2.2 opt silver
- 34 feet assaying 6.7% zinc, 18.9% lead and 6.4 opt silver
For a full list of the vein and CRD mineralized intervals from these holes please refer to Table I below.
CEO Jim Gowans commented: âThe latest drill results continue to support the continuity of the deposit with respect to thickness and grade within the resource area, however the most notable interval in today’s results is the high-grade zinc/lead/silver from the lower portion of HDS-399. This is the best interval we have encountered to date from the lower carbonate sequence and provides encouragement for potential resource expansion at depth.â
Table I. ASSAY SUMMARIES FOR HDS-399, HDS-401 & HDS-403
The post Arizona Mining Reports Further Drilling Results at Hermosa-Taylor; Includes 45 Foot Interval Assaying 12.7% Zinc; 31.7% Lead and 10.4 OPT Silver Within Broader 124 Foot Mineralized Zone appeared first on Investing News Network.